1. A: Hi, there! How’s it going? 你好阿! 一切還好嗎?
B: Not too bad. 還不錯啦.
2. A: How is your coffee? 咖啡好喝嗎?
Can I buy you another cup? 要不要再請你喝一杯?
B: You’re on! 好阿!
3. Frank goes into a local coffee shop. 法蘭克走進一間本地咖啡店.
4. A: Well! Look who’s here! 瞧! 是誰來了!
If it isn’t Terry! 這不是Terry嗎?
=> If it isn’t + someone 這不是誰誰誰嗎?
B: That’s me! In the flesh. 是我阿! 如假包換.
I am glad that I ran into you guys. 很高興在這裡碰見你們.
ð run into = bump into 巧遇; 偶遇
ð flesh 肉體
ð in the flesh 指活生生的一個實體或人或本人
5. It is good to see you. 很高興遇到你.
6. A: What’s up with you these days? 最近都在忙些什麼?
B: Not much. Same old thing. 沒什麼, 還是老樣子
7. I have always got time to hang out with friends. 我還是都有空跟朋友去逛街
ð hang out 閒逛
8. Megan Fox is even sexier in the flesh than in the movies.梅根福克斯本人看起來比在電影中更加性感.
ð 在這裡 in the flesh(在現實生活上) 與 in the movies(在電影裡)成為對襯的概念
9. A: It’s nice to meet you , Terry. 很高興認識你, Terry
B: Likewise, Lizzie. 我也是, Lizzie
10. I have heard nothing but good things about you. 我聽過你不少好話.
ð nothing but 強調 ”只有” , 比 only 更強烈
11. I heard you like to scuba dive. 我聽說你愛潛水.
12. I have been dying to meet you. 我早就想見見你這個人了.
ð be dying to + V 渴望……..
13. I didn’t catch that. 我沒聽清楚.
ð catch 理解;聽清楚
14. Well, I am flattered . 我真是受寵若驚.
15. Come on! Let’s get a drink. 來吧, 讓我們來喝一杯飲料.
16. It is times like these that you find out who your friends really are. 這真是患難見真情.
ð times like these 關鍵時刻.
Thursday, June 12, 2014 , 5:54 AM